RIYL: Sharon Van Etten, Cate le Bon, Marissa Nadler
With every new album, chameleon songstress Angel Olsen reveals a new side to her ever-evolving story. Lyrically and sonically, Olsen can shapeshift with remarkable ease.Â She’s explored psych folk, fuzzy lofi garage rock, synth pop, alt-country and still managed to make every album sound uniquely her own. Ask a fan what their favorite album is and you won’t get a consistent answer.Â That’s what makes her so damn great.
All Mirrors is Olsen’s fourth full-length, her first since 2016’s massively successful My Woman thrust her into the thermosphere.Â First single All Mirrors is instantly addicting, draping layered synths and sweeping orchestral instrumentation over a brooding bass line that easily could’ve escaped from Brian Eno’s Another Green World.Â I can’t stop listening.
The ‘buy’ portal links you up with the Jagjaguwar exclusive vinyl variant, a beautiful opaque aquamarine colorway that includes a 24×36″ poster and 12 page booklet.Â For an additional $5, you can grab the bundle that includes a 7″ on black and silver splatter vinyl with an alternate mix of We Are All Mirrors as well as a CD of the entire album.Â Additionally, Rough Trade has a clear vinyl version that you can purchase HERE. There is also a Vinyl Me, Please variant on coke bottle clear vinyl with slightly altered cover art limited to 1500 copies.Â Grab that HERE, but you have to be a member to purchase it.
Limited Edition Bundle Includes:
1. ALL MIRRORS ON LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE OPAQUE AQUAMARINE VINYL. THE 2XLP IN OLD STYLE TIP-ON GATEFOLD SLEEVE WITH SILVER FOIL INCLUDES A 12 PAGE PHOTO BOOKLET AND 24â€ťX36â€ť PULLOUT POSTER.
2. ALL MIRRORS 7â€ť ON SILVER WITH BLACK SPLATTER VINYL. INCLUDES â€śALL MIRRORSâ€ť ALBUM VERSION & â€śWE ARE ALL MIRRORSâ€ť SOLO VERSION.
3. ALL MIRRORS ON CD IN 6-PANEL WALLET
4. INSTANT DOWNLOAD OF â€śALL MIRRORS"
5. DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CODE FOR THE ALBUM (AS A .ZIP FILE CONTAINING 320KBPS MP3S) REDEEMABLE ON RELEASE DAY
Listen on Spotify
- Maybe Buy
- Not My Style
- Too Expensive