What, different limited vinyl editions?!?! Why Yeasayer, why. I mean we have so much vinyl to buy anyways, now you present us with this mess to figure out. I do love their stance on vinyl is art, but 2 editions is tough. Both look awesome. Let’s take a look at what both have to offer and debate which to buy.
US version of Fragrant World – $60
- The vinyl is a 2xLP.
- The 7″ is limited to 300 copies¬†the exclusive title track “Fragrant World” which is not on the album and a remix of “No Bones.” The vinyl is pressed with glitter so there is a chance some copies might skip, but remember it’s art!!!
- Each cd/lp order comes w/ a free newspaper print poster
- digital download.
UK Version of Fragrant World – $46.18 (27.99 gbp)
- Double vinyl album, pressed on blue marbled vinyl in a gatefold sleeve
- CD copy of the album
- Exclusive 7″ of ‘Fragrant World’ B/W ‘No Bones (Helado Negro Remix)’ neither feature on the album. Pressed on translucent black glow in the dark vinyl
- 17″ x 23″ album artwork poster printed on newsprint stock
- Instant MP3 download of ‘Longevity’ on purchase
- MP3 download of full album on release date.
It’s pretty obvious, UK version. Marbled vinyl, cool Import, glow in the dark 7″ & $15 less. Game over.
It looks like they might try to not let us in the USA have it though as at the bottom of the bundle it says for North America peeps to go to the USA site, but the company says it’ll ship worldwide. Soooo not sure on that one. Anyone have a friend in UK that will ship these to us if we wanted to go that route?
Watch on YouTube
- Maybe Buy
- Not My Style
- Too Expensive