My deepest apologies that this one slipped under Sly’s radar. Â The Entrance Band have all the qualifications for a great rock n roll band: 1) Chastised by Pitchfork 2) The Queen of the Bass, Ms.Â Paz ‘Enchantin’ Lenchantin is on the roster 3) Mentioned in The Stooges’ induction speech to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and 4) they wrote a song called ‘Grim Reaper Blues’. Â I mean, cmon…
Somehow, I didn’t realize that their newest album Face the Sun, which came out in November 2013, had a limited release. Â Well, it DO. Â For the unheard ears, The Entrance Band throw all the roots of rock n roll into a cement mixer. Â A pinch of Mississippi Delta, a dash of backwoods folklore, a touch of acid psych, some Robert Plantian swoons, a little crimson, some clover… That cement is then poured into the little area you’ve dug around your front door and voila…you’ve got a front porch. Â F-ing rock n roll.
There are several ways to pre-order. Dig...
- Limited-edition deep purple/gold splatter vinyl: $17
- Black vinyl: $16
- CD: $12
* "Spider" poster shown to the right by my feet >>>>
(same image appears on the "Spider" tee)
The Music and Exclusive "Spider" Poster
- Limited-edition deep purple/gold splatter vinyl with exclusive Entrance Band "Spider" poster: $22
- Black vinyl with exclusive Entrance Band poster: $21
- CD with exclusive Entrance Band poster: $17
Or the big ol' Sun Facer bundle...
- Limited-edition deep purple/gold splatter vinyl with exclusive Entrance Band "Spider" poster and exclusive Entrance Band "Spider" t-shirt: $40
(price includes extra shipping cost for shirts, CD version available too)
Or, best bet, get Face The Sun on splatter-vinyl for free with a 2014 BBiB Jamscription!
**vinyl comes with download card
- Maybe Buy
- Not My Style
- Too Expensive