RIYL: Wolf Parade, Deerhunter, Women
Label: Sub Pop
Dutch indie rockers The Homesick made such a splash with their driving indie rock debut Youth Hunt in 2017, Sub Pop snatched them up for their anticipated sophomore follow-up. Similar to recently Sub Pop’d labelmates OMNI, there’s an element of math pop in the staccato energy off first single I Celebrate My Fantasy. A much more complex endeavor from their first, The Homesick has grown exponentially over the last 2 years. I’m looking forward to hearing the rest!
Sub Pop has a “Loser Edition” on yellow wax for the collectors, but these normally don’t sell out super quick. More than likely, you can grab a copy at your local record store. Still, it’s hard to beat those Sub Pop prices. Still keepin’ it real like it was 1989. Good on ’em. Listen to the first single below and grab a yellow slab after the ‘buy’ link.
- Loser Edition is pressed on yellow-colored vinyl.
- Customers will be given access to stream the full album up to four (4) weeks before release date from your SubPop.com account, with your pre-order of the album on any format.
- All pre-orders will also receive any and all pre-release track downloads in advance of the album release as they are made public, which will be available from your SubPop.com account as they become available.
- All physical pre-order items should ship out from our warehouse in Seattle, WA between 5-8 days before release date, so long as their are no delays in manufacturing that would delay this advance shipping timeline.
- International orders may not arrive by release day as extra time must be taken into consideration for distance traveled and customs department clearance.
- Maybe Buy
- Not My Style
- Too Expensive