RIYL: The Magnetic Fields, Beirut, Kings of Convenience
Label: Secretly Canadian
It’s been over 4 long miserable years since we’ve gotten a new Jens Lekman album. Â His blend of acoustic sweet nothings and romantic lyrical wizardry goes down smoother than a block of dark chocolate and a glass of red wine. Â Naturally, we’ve all been going through withdrawal without new material, so prepare for rejoicing…he’s back.
Lekman goes full Caribbean on newest single What’s That Perfume You Wear?, combining steel drums and a classic disco rhythmÂ to his inimitable charming croon. Â The results are surprisingly refreshing, as if he drenched his previous albums with a bottle of coconut oil and tossed them into a blender full of bananas and rum. Â I’m getting a strong Ruby Suns vibe with this one.
Per usual with a Secretly Canadian package, you’re going to get a folded poster and a CD of the album with your bundle, but you’ll also receive two different flexis of bonus material including an acapella version ofÂ Perfume, so I’m expecting a sick Skrillex remix up on Youtube ASAP. Â Listen to the first single below and grab the bundle after the ‘buy’ link. Â Classic black vinyl is also available.
UPDATE – Orange vinyl bundle are sold out. Â Pick up the orange wax from Turntable Lab now after the ‘buy’ link.
'Life Will See You Now' Deluxe Bundle
1. Life Will See You Now limited edition orange opaque LP
2. Limited postcard flexi of â€śWhatâ€™s That Perfume That You Wear? (acapella version)â€ť
3. Limited one-sided flexi of bonus track â€śTwo Young Lovers"
3. Life Will See You Now CD
4. Life Will See You Now poster 11 x 17
5. Instant download of â€śWhatâ€™s That Perfume That You Wear?â€ť album version
6. Digital download for the album (as a .zip file containing 320kbps mp3s) redeemable February 3, 2017
7. Digital download of â€śTwo Young Loversâ€ť (as a .zip file containing 320kbps mp3s) redeemable February 3, 2017
- Maybe Buy
- Not My Style
- Too Expensive