RIYL: The Magnetic Fields, Beirut, Kings of Convenience
Label: Secretly Canadian
It’s been over 4 long miserable years since we’ve gotten a new Jens Lekman album. Â His blend of acoustic sweet nothings and romantic lyrical wizardry goes down smoother than a block of dark chocolate and a glass of red wine. Â Naturally, we’ve all been going through withdrawal without new material, so prepare for rejoicing…he’s back.
Lekman goes full Caribbean on newest single What’s That Perfume You Wear?, combining steel drums and a classic disco rhythmÂ to his inimitable charming croon. Â The results are surprisingly refreshing, as if he drenched his previous albums with a bottle of coconut oil and tossed them into a blender full of bananas and rum. Â I’m getting a strong Ruby Suns vibe with this one.
Per usual with a Secretly Canadian package, you’re going to get a folded poster and a CD of the album with your bundle, but you’ll also receive two different flexis of bonus material including an acapella version ofÂ Perfume, so I’m expecting a sick Skrillex remix up on Youtube ASAP. Â Listen to the first single below and grab the bundle after the ‘buy’ link. Â Classic black vinyl is also available.
'Life Will See You Now' Deluxe Bundle
1. Life Will See You Now limited edition orange opaque LP
2. Limited postcard flexi of â€śWhatâ€™s That Perfume That You Wear? (acapella version)â€ť
3. Limited one-sided flexi of bonus track â€śTwo Young Lovers"
3. Life Will See You Now CD
4. Life Will See You Now poster 11 x 17
5. Instant download of â€śWhatâ€™s That Perfume That You Wear?â€ť album version
6. Digital download for the album (as a .zip file containing 320kbps mp3s) redeemable February 3, 2017
7. Digital download of â€śTwo Young Loversâ€ť (as a .zip file containing 320kbps mp3s) redeemable February 3, 2017
Listen to What's That Perfume That You Wear? on Soundcloud
- Maybe Buy
- Not My Style
- Too Expensive